Monday, January 7, 2013

Sliding to 30

The year is 2013.

The year that I turn 30.

When I was barely in my 20's, my wonderful brother composed a song for me that he has lovingly sang every year since called, "Sliding to 30".  In the most  nauseatingly country music star voice he could muster he would sing this for me whenever he wanted to annoy me.  And let me tell you...it worked!

But now I stand staring down the barrel of the gun of the year I actually turn 30, I realize, "You know what?  There were great years in my 20's, but I'd much rather look forward to 32 than be 22 again, so bring it.  Bring.On.30." 

So thus the name of the Blog.  Sliding to 30.  Adventure (and misadventures) of a woman trying to live everyday glorifying the Lord in everything that she thinks, says and does. 

1 comment:

  1. Slidin' to 30, Slidin' to 30, a more verses and Megan 'el hurt me!

    ReplyDelete